Tuesday 26 September 2017

Election Writing

WALT: Write an effective argument for our chosen political party.

I would march for National because I believe they have many good reasons and policies, on the other hand Labour’s policies are just empty promises. I have wrote about two good policies that National have promised to do, these include better health care and harsher punishments. For example Justice is an increasing problem for New Zealand and I think they need to have harsher punishments. And health Care needs to be a bit better. These are all things that the National Party have promised to do in there next term in Government. I believe their policy about health and justice will help lots of us people in New Zealand.

National has created a policy to create a new criminal offence for people who contaminate rental properties with meth. National  would create a new criminal offence of ‘wilful contamination’ to punish people who contaminate rental properties with methamphetamine. I believe, this a good policy for the future because people who contaminate rental properties with drugs deserve to have punishment. Furthermore, the consequence will be bad enough to scare people enough to make them think twice about drugs.  Justice is an increasing problem for New Zealand and I strongly think that they need to have harsher punishments.

National has created a policy to Work towards NZ being smokefree by 2025. National would work towards a smokefree New Zealand by 2025 through various initiatives. I believe, this a good policy for the future because smoking isn’t good for anyone and most people think it is disgusting. Furthermore, it can cause cancer and possibly death. Health is an increasing problem for New Zealand and I strongly think that they need to adjust some things.

I am strongly against green and there policy to establish a public prosecutor separate from the police. The Green Party would establish a public prosecutor separate from the police, called an Office of Public Prosecutions. It would be responsible for prosecuting criminal cases in the courts. I believe, this is a horrible policy for the future because it’s the police's job to deal with it,  not an Office of Public Prosecutions. In addition,  it can cause conflict towards the police because the Office of Public Prosecutions could be taking up all the attention. Justice is an increasing problem for New Zealand, but I don’t think this is the answer for the problem.

So there, clearly I am voting for national (when I am at age to vote) because they have lots of  good reasons and policies. National have promised to adjust the health care and stricken the punishments for bad behavior. Overall I would vote for National because they have many good reasons and policies. For Justice and health, and I think they would make New Zealand A better place to be overall. Have you voted yet ?

My next steps are: To use more emotive language.

No comments:

Post a Comment