Tuesday 14 March 2017

Leadership Writing

In writing I have been learning to:
  • use all basic punctuation independently
  • attempt more complex punctuation (eg semicolons, colons, parentheses)

I have been especially focusing on using parentheses and commas. I have highlighted these in green where I have used them as well as other punctuation that I changed because it was used incorrectly. Here is a piece of my writing that shows this.


Leadership Writing
What make a good Librarian

Leadership is a skill of being able to motivate people/ teams to work towards a goal. There are 6 traits of an effective leader Integrity, Resilience, Goal focused, Active thinking and motivational. My key leadership role for 2017 is a Librarian. This means that every Tuesday  lunch times I go with my buddy Charlotte and take care of the library. In order to be a good Librarian I need to show the effective leadership traits in my role.

One of the leadership traits of an effective leader is being Trustworthy being Trustworthy means you can be relied on to do what is needed or right. My three teachers in the ⅞ hub have shown trustworthy because If someone got something wrong, they wouldn’t go ha ha ha ha they would just say politely no but nice try. I know I too can be trustworthy in my leadership role this year. Being trustworthy is an extremely important trait for a librarian because Mrs Ward is relying on me and my buddy to make sure that no one, walks out or away with a book because I have seen little junior's do that before so I need to make sure that I am being self aware and go to find them. As well as being trustworthy I know it is as important that I am Goal focused.

Being an Goal Focused is a key effective leadership trait. It means that if you set a goal you will achieve it. There are many leaders that have shown active thinking in their roles one of these leaders is Sir Edmund Hillary. He has shown goal focused because when he set a goal (that was climbing to the top of Mt Everest) and then he achieved his goal. I believe that I can be goal focused like like Sir Edmund Hillary. I will make sure I am doing this because if someone is disrespecting the library I will do something about it not just sit there and watch. Goal Focused is definitely a very important part of my leadership role, as is showing Active Thinking.


Another effective leadership trait is being an Active Thinker. It’s meaning is that the leader is able to solve problems and think when things don’t go according to plan. There are many leaders that have shown active thinking in their roles one of these leaders is Bill Gates. When Bill gates looked at any situation he developed a profile of all possible cases and looked at them in detail, he would ask himself questions about the possibilities that could happen. In My role I want to be an active thinker like Bill Gates. By If someone asks me if there are any new good books I will be an active thinker and choose an appropriate book that he/she might like.

In order to be a good Librarian, I need to demonstrate effective leadership traits and work hard to do these well. I need to be goal focused, an active thinker and most importantly, be trustworthy. I will show up to my duty on time and make sure that I am doing my job correctly
and if I’m not sure where some books go I won’t just dump them anywhere. If I show all of these traits am most definitely going to be a good Librarian who is an effective leader.




No comments:

Post a Comment